The Deluxe Station Diner is located in the upper part of the Newton Center Station is located in Newton Center, Massachusetts, USA. (Full album)
A Victorian Lady’s finishing touch—the chatelaine. (From Wikipedia)
A chatelaine is a decorative belt hook or clasp worn at the waist with a series of chains suspended from it. Each chain is mounted with a useful household appendage such as scissors, thimble, watch, key, vinaigrette, household seal, etc.
Chatelaines were worn by many housekeepers in the 19th century and in the 16th century Dutch Republic,where they were typically used as watch chains for the most wealthy. Similar jewellery was also worn by Anglo Saxon women, as seen from the burial record, but its function is uncertain. The name chatelaine derives from the French term châtelaine .
Reasons why you should get this book? We;ll show you!
Read the excerpt and check out these awesome sample spreads below!
K.W. Jeter, on old school sci-fi meeting the steampunk scene, in Everyone’s Invited to the Steampunk Party
(Glad to see the man who coined steampunk giving a shout-out to what the genre is becoming.)
- Writing Steampunk—a bunch of links with great information!
- How Do I Write A Steampunk Story?—provides an in-depth overview of the “steam” and the “punk” aspects
- What Makes A Novel ‘Steampunk’?—a brilliant overview made up of 19 mini-sections
- How to Write Steampunk—includes staples, researching tips, and more
- Steampunk: A List of Themes—the themes, settings, plot devices, and other aspects that are a part of steampunk
- Steampunk 101—overview of steampunk, what it is, and it’s appeal
- 8 Tips and Tricks Every Steampunk Writer Should Know—like the title says, 8 tips to remember when writing steampunk
- Steampunk Inspiration and How-To for Writers—a great list of resources that lead to websites with information and inspiration
**none of this info is mine! feel free to add on though**
- Overcoming the Noble Savage and the Sexy Squaw: Native Steampunk
- The Intersection of Race and Steampunk: Colonialism’s After-Effects & Other Stories, from a Steampunk of Colour’s Perspective
- Beyond Victoriana: For EVERYTHING Steampunk/1800s/Industrial Revolution that isn’t just Victorian England and the archives Tales of the Urban Adventurer
Well hey it links to stuff I wrote, how can I NOT reblog it?
Horrible Histories - Victorian Names. (by Gemma Kate)
Steampunks, why are we not ALL OVER THIS SHIT?
Steampunk United is excited to bring you the opportunity to celebrate Emperor Justinian Stanislaus’ 40th year in this dimension by coming together as steampunks to make this world a little brighter.
It is our resolve at Steampunk United to harness the collective resources of the steampunk community against four global concerns that existed in the Victorian Era, and unfortunately still do today, by engaging in retro-futuristic charitable giving. Together, we believe we can create an alternate history and a better world!
The birthday of the beloved Emperor of the Red Fork Empire provides the impetus for our first opportunity to work for the betterment of this world. He is happy to be the inspiration for such an effort and as he is celebrating 40 years, 40 hundred dollars seemed an appropriate goal. Let us show our love for the Emperor and the world and make a pledge today!
Many of us have no idea what it’s like to be thirsty. We have plenty of water to drink — even the water in our toilets is clean!
But many people around the world don’t have that luxury. Every day, 5,000 kids die from water-related illnesses before they reach their fifth birthday. But it doesn’t have to be that way. There are simple solutions like drilled wells, spring protections and BioSand filters that help provide clean water to communities around the world.
We started this fundraising campaign to help charity: water build these types of projects around the world, and we need your help.
Please donate to our campaign — anything you can give is a huge help.
Even if you don’t know the Empire or our Emperor, you can still support the cause! Please donate what you can!